I've never seen a Rivendell with a threaded fender boss under the fork
crown.  Was this your original custom spec?  Or was this part of your
subsequent mods, getting a threaded fender boss installed under the fork
crown?

In my opinion, your clearances are far too tight for anything wood.  Wood
fenders are kind of thick.

Bill
who-just-had-Ed-Litton-install-threaded-fender-bosses-under-the-fork-crown-on-two-forks

Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA