A BOBish bike, not a Rivendell, but Riv content is the Mark's Rack.
I was facing this, how to attach a front mini-rack to a bike built on a
cross frame with no holes of any kind - my saddle bag is full of roadside
stuff and I need a place to stuff layers this winter.

<http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/bulldog1935/Raleigh/Viner/aP3180018.jpg>

I made it work with Tubus LM-1 clamps to the top of the fork, attaching
stays to the back rod-end bolts (only Mark's rack is set up this way); the
Paul canti rack mounts, and  L-brackets from McMaster for the front stays.

<http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/bulldog1935/Raleigh/Viner/aPA210012.jpg>

<http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/bulldog1935/Raleigh/Viner/aPA210009.jpg>

Came out great - rock solid.

<http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/bulldog1935/Raleigh/Viner/aPA210004.jpg>

<http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/bulldog1935/Raleigh/Viner/aPA210002.jpg>

I have a black trunk bag on order from Ely at Ruthworks, due at the end of
the month.

Have another green Sackville small trunk I move on and off another bike,
but the color does not work.

But I did determine the front bag will crop the light right in front of the
bike, so I'm going to move a light mount to the front stay on the rack

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rbw-owners-bunch/S4O98dttMNs