They do bolt to dropout braze ons, but they are minimal: Tubus Fly: 12 oz
(one vendor advertises 11 oz) and carries 20 kilograms. The other end
attaches to the seatstay bridge.

They are also very, very stiff: I've carried 45 lb on a lightweight 531
frame without terrifying sway.

If you are carrying light and small loads, why not simply use a saddlebag?

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 6:15 PM, jim_OLP <j...@landoloons.com> wrote:

> Most people seem to be looking for the strongest rear rack they can
> find. They're carrying engine blocks down pothole-lined streets, or
> crossing Mongolia solo.  I want the opposite - the lightest, least
> obtrusive rack there is. The rack for minimalists.   I want to use a
> "trunk' bag but I hate the look of standard rear racks that bolt on to
> the dropouts, and I'm never carrying anything at all heavy.  Ideally I
> want something about 1/3 that weight and complexity.   What is out
> there?

Patrick Moore
Albuquerque, NM
For professional resumes, contact