"With the JA, sounds like maybe, possibly, they are thinking of finally
retiring the flagship...slowly, gently"

Certainly lots of mention of the differences between Joe &
Atlantis....longer stays, more tire clearance, etc.  The Atlantis has been
around since 1999.75.  Maybe with the design philosophy leaning toward
longer stays, this seems to be the direction of the future.  The real
capper is getting a complete bike for less than the price of a frame &
fork.  Hard to argue with that.

dougP, happily growing old with a 12 year old Atlantis.