FWIW, the Microshift rear road derailleur on the Fargo shifted more
precisely across my 9 sp cassette than the 7410 rd that replaced it after
the MS got caught in the spokes and busted, because the MS required more
lever throw. The (Silver) lever had to move some 110-115* to move the chain
from small to big, while with the 7410, the lever moves exactly 90* for the
same cage movement. Actually, I prefer the 7410 action, though, and with
the long Silver levers I can still hit shifts without grinding the chain.

On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 9:50 AM, Ron Mc <bulldog...@gmail.com> wrote:

> there's a parallel thread going on ibob.  I recommended Microshift index
> shifters, bar-end or thumbies.  Very happy with results on two bikes.
>

> On Monday, November 9, 2015 at 9:44:10 AM UTC-6, Joey Korkames wrote:
>>
>> I find it difficult to friction shift 8+ speed clusters with "set it and
>> forget it" precision.
>> Trimming a 10sp must require a tailor's touch!

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten