+1

I recently went through a similar overhaul with my 2005 Blue Ram.  It
was stolen back in December, then recovered (by me) in June when I
noticed it locked to a bike rack in downtown Harrisburg, PA.  I
completely disassembled the bike (except for the BB), cleaned every
single part, replaced cables, chain, brake shoes, headset bearings,
tires, tubes, tape, twine, etc.

There's a scratch on the top tube that wasn't there before it was
stolen; I'm assuming whoever had it had chained it up to a pole
somewhere. Every time I see that scratch, I'm reminded how happy I am
to have the bike back, and how much it means to me.

Mark