As I wait for the right new owner of my Hunqapillar, and thanks to having
already lost 40+ pounds thanks to EBDJ, I've picked up my riding again and
this past weekend did some upgrades on my Betty Foy, which is probably the
Rivendell I have the most fun riding, although if pressed hard I'm going to
get all weird trying to choose between the Atlantis, Homer and Betty. But,
for commuting and riding around town, if I had to truly choose only one,
the Betty Foy might be that one.

It might be that this is due to the 650b wheel set, it might be that the 58
frame is really perfect for me, it might be the geometry. The thing is,
when I ride this bike, I get a big smile on my face and I just love it.

The upgrades that make it even more perfect are:
- The Brooks Cambium C17 saddle, which to me is the most comfortable I've
tried ever, and is so right out of the box.
- The Ahearne MAP new handlebar with the longer straight sections so the
grips and brakes fit very comfortably. This is an awesome general purpose
handlebar and is competing for favorite with the Compass Champs Elisee that
I have on the Atlantis. It's a bit wider, which fits the Betty's geometry
perfectly.
- Compass Loup Loup 38mm SL tires. I had such tight tolerances with the
Hetres and the Berthoud fenders that I decided to try the new LL tires,
which are super supple as all the new generation Compass tires. I now have
the clearance and the quality of the ride is as good as it was with the
Hetres. The thing is, when I had tried the Lierres, I didn't like how they
compared with the Hetres. Now, I have no need to wish I had Hetres on the
rendered Betty.
- Since I'm using it for commute along with the Atlantis, and for rides
around town primarily, I added an Edelux II, which I tried for the first
time last night on the commute home in the dark. As you all know, it's
wonderful and significantly better than the original Edelux. I'm going to
have some Edelux I lights for sale soon...

I'm still going to try to find which of the three Rivs I like better, and
for what. It doesn't really matter though, until I decide if I need to
downsize again...

Photos prove the Betty is bettier!!!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/orthie251/22553128307/in/album-72157625115263842/

René