Around here (lower Hudson Valley, New York State) we don't see too many
black bikes, other than the carbon ones, which usually have some kind of
red or blue or what have you graphic. In fact, a small part of my decision
not to go with the Clementine in orange (which, after all, makes
sense--it's a CLEMENTINE!) despite Keven trying to entice me by reporting
on the deeper richer orange, is because there is a Public mixte here in
town that is fairly prominent, and it is very much that proto Clem orange.
Whereas the only black bicycle around town that I know of is my Big Dummy,
which, as my soccer dad vehicle, is as it should be. But we're not exactly
Portland or California.

Anyway, I just like the Clementine in formal dress. And when Miesha voted
my way, it was a done deal.