sorry Bill, you're wrong.  You want the 16t cog, that's why you're doing
this.
Where you want 5" steps is right there around that 16t ring.  When you get
below 50" 8-9" steps are sufficient - besides, you'll have 4" steps below
50 inches on your bailout ring.  This means something.

I made a mistake, the 12-25 11sp Miche is Campy - in Shimano they make
11-23, so you would need a 12t first position, 29t last position, and at
least one mid between 23t and 29t, and possibly one mid below 23t to round
out your custom.  This is exactly what I would do, again.