"I was gifted this bike by the original owner for some work I did for him ~
but have no room for it at my place."

There's a story here.  How many could have landed in San Francisco?  If
someone's serious they should be able to track down its history.  Serial
number off the BB shell, call Rivendell.  If you like yellow, looks like a
nice bike at a decent price.  Immediately available.  Jim has good points
regarding the details.

dougP