I haven't used padded shorts (or padded gloves or helmet) for years. i don't
generally ride more than 35 miles at a stretch and, for up to that distance,
regular FOTLs and khaki shorts (summer) and home made knickers (winter; made
from nice wool dress pants) have been fine -- I don't even think about
padding. I have said many times that correct bar and saddle position are the
essential elements for hand and bottom comfort.

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 8:28 AM, Mike <mjawn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I enjoyed touring and bike camping this past summer in MUSA shorts and
> Ex-Oficio underwear. This is a good post by Kent P. about bike
> shorts.
>
> http://kentsbike.blogspot.com/2009/11/do-you-need-padded-shorts.html
>
> I still wear bib shorts/knickers most of the time and have no problem
> with them but I'm open to doing more of my riding in my MUSA type
> gear.
>
> --mike
>
> FYI, if you are a lycra wearing kind of cyclist, www.velowear.com has
> great prices on gear right now. I have 3 pairs of their thermafleece
> bib knickers and love them.

Patrick Moore
Albuquerque, NM
For professional resumes, contact