I have had a similar experience, though the VO Rando rack worked on my Bleriot
after bending the tang over the sp brake. I adjusted for tilt by bending the
tang weld point iirc.

Racks made for sp brakes are few and involve bending tangs or using sliding
tangs and adjustable struts like the Marks. Potential failure points if you
don't stay on top of them and check for tightness periodically.

This is why any future bike I purchase I would like to be a canti brake bike so
nothing but air is between tire and fork crown for easy and direct fender and
rack-ability.

Plus I could then use a rack with all welded joints and attach directly to fork
crown and braze ons. The sp brake racks all have either a tang to bend or
adjustable pivot points which makes me a little uncomfortable about bolts
loosening with time and failing. They are not optimal front racks for this
reason in my mind. Though I do love the VO and M18 on my bikes.