Bill,

What you describe exactly matches this trip:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/32311885@N07/albums/72157652026645308

The first 35 miles of that are paved and chipseal, then dirt in it's many
and various glorious forms. The Thunder Burts 2.1" did brilliantly on all
of it, including slogging through the "peanut butter" mud, muck, and mire
post grater.

With abandon,
Patrick