I also have a Quickbeam and I'm using Tektro CR720 brakes-   I can't
recommend them enough!   Though they are slightly larger in the
lateral direction, they are shorter in the vertical direction than,
say, the Shimano cantis.    However the geometry of these brakes seems
to make a huge positive difference in braking power.