I have a few thousand on mine and am totally delighted with it.  I'm also
pretty tough on cranks and BB - 6'3", 215, stand hard and ride
aggressively.

What was broken was used T/A left side arm of unknown age.  I wasn't really
complaining about anything, as much as justifying why I bought the XCD to
begin with...