I'm looking for a tire that I can run on my Clem through the winter. I
already have a studded tire'd bike setup for icy situations, but want to be
able to ride my Clem through the winter as well.
I have 700c 2.1 Smart Sams that I thought about selling, then tucked away
just in case.
Would the Smart Sams do okay in snow/slush? Clem currently has Schwalbe Big
Ones installed, which are great, but I don't think they'd handle winter
weather too well, and while I intend to run sealant in tubes for punctures,
I'd rather not worry about fixing a flat in cold conditions.
Thoughts as well about running fenders with Smart Sams or other knobby
tires? I know it's not encourage on trails as knobbies can pick up sticks
that could get stuck in fenders, but I'll be limiting my winter riding to
snowy urban roads.
Any thoughts appreciated.
David
Chicago