Michael,
I have a Saluki with a Mark's rack and Honjos.  I made a spacer out of
a wine cork and used a long bolt through that sliding plate that
adjusts the rack forward and back.  Getting that hole in the fender
just right  is tricky, my fender is not perfectly lined up. It did
damp out the vibration pretty well though.
Best
Robert