Hugh,

Well, it is almost "mine" since that's the same size and color that I
ordered. A big reason I wanted to go check it out in person.

When I decided to order one, I knew that the bars would be a question.
But I figured that if it turns out I don't like them, I'll just
replace them. Given the bargain price it seemed like a pretty low risk
thing to me. One thing I definitely do like is that it's possible to
use the forward position on them. I never felt that was really
possible with the bosco bars. The choco bars are more like the
moustache that way, but they use mountain levers which i prefer.

I can't really say much about the "feel" of the bike, and certainly
don't notice anything special with the long chainstays. The thing I
noticed about the "feel" of the bike was how cushy the ride is. But
that's basically all because of the fat, low pressure tires. Maybe
it's partially cuz of the longer wheelbase, but that's impossible to
say without riding side-by-side on a shorter bike with the same tires
at the same pressure.

I did try to do some tight turns and loops to see if I noticed a
smaller turning radius, but wasn't really hampered by the long
wheelbase. Keeping knees out of the way of the bars is more of an
issue than the length. Again, if I had another shorter bike to compare
side by side, perhaps I'd be more sensitive, but it seemed pretty
normal to me.

I'm hoping that the longer chain stays will help with my climbing. On
my current bike (not a riv) when I'm climbing, the front wheel comes
up too much, so I lose my ability to steer from time to time. My
theory/bet is that this will not happen on a joe appaloosa. :)