Well, I bit the bullet and bought some ultegra 8 speed bar end shifters. Gonna
run the rear indexed I think.

And heads up, I got them for a great price from chain reaction cycles, $70
Canadian, which is like what, $10 US? Haha just kidding, but a good deal. Threw
some $30 all silver deore brake levers in the basket too and got free shipping
from the UK. I've ordered from CRC before and they are good.

I've never run bar ends so I am curious to see how I like them. I've had
brifters, down tube, thumbies, trigger and grip shift so it's time. I was a
little concerned with the shifters bumping my legs in turns but with the
shorter then bosco Albas and the longish stem I have lots of room.  I was also
wondering if I could dismantle the sunraces and use the bar mount with the
ultegras, as a cheap Paul thumbie??

For grips I'm either going to slice a channel in the cheapo Clem grips or go
with the felt padding/ newbaum set up. Slicing the grips may be tricky as there
are thick finger grooves along the bottom. I decided to switch out the brake
levers too because they are all silver, will probably have better performance
over the tektros and I don't like how the fastening bolt on the tektros is
right on top, it's often digging in to my hand.

Both pieces of kit come with cables and housing too so I'm pretty happy with
the deal. Yay, new bike parts!  I should be done spending now.... Oh but wheels
and tires.....hmmm.

Tim "maybe I should have bought the frame only Clem" Wood