The great stories of kids who have gone on to embrace the love of bikes
(and other passions) from their parents are wonderful. However, IMO, one of
the hardest things one has to do as a parent (two daughters in their 20s
and a teenage son) is deal with the reality when one (or all) of your kids
develops other passions that don't have anything to do with yours and
reject (to different degrees) sharing yours. Children develop their own
personalities and passions and one of the best aspect of being a parent is
encouraging them to do so. Yet, it also hurts when they reject sharing
yours. This is an important lesson I have learned over the years, and
covers many more aspects than just sharing a hobby or a passion. And one
has to be supportive and understanding and learn to deal with this
discovery process. And keep hoping that when they get older, they'll
re-discover the passion so you can share it with them! The good aspect of
this situation is that sometimes they infect you with their passions, and
you are the one who ends up sharing it with them.

René