26 x 1.5 Continental slicks, which look comically skinny on this bike. I was
curious if my tires were a contributor to the momentum effect, so it's
interesting to hear that you're experiencing the same thing with appropriately
fat tires.

To expound a little more on the ride, the feeling is like a slight tailwind:
When it gets wound up to a cruising speed, it feels like it doesn't take excess
pedal-pressure to maintain that speed. Incidentally, this is opposite of the
old 26-inch-wheel Bstone XOs I've owned. They spun up fast, then kind of hit a
wall. It took consistent effort to keep speed up, and any backing off would
have an immediate slowing effect. I don't know what makes the difference
between these bikes - maybe 25 years of learning and designing - but the CLEM
is a fabulous bicycle.