Patrick: I will be very interested to hear of others' solutions to this
dilemma. Frankly, my own solution, or so I think, would be to avoid riding
in such situations as much as I could; not a good answer.

Giving a fervid, and even fevered, imagination the reins, I imagine a new
Federal Law Enforcement Department staffed by men in black with
bug/evil/alien wraparound shades, and carbines with thick, heavily finned
barrels and laser sights, positioned on each such tight curve, aiming at
any motorist who is so impatient he can't wait 15 seconds until he can pass
safely.

More! Federal statute GY 777 X (i) 3: To strictly limit the (i) horsepower
and (ii) overall area occupied by vehicle at rest to a strictly
proportional ratio to an algorithm composed of the driver's IQ, age, number
of years driving, driving record, and habitual facial expression (though in
no case to exceed for horsepower the driver's age, if male and under the
age of 50). We might go back to the days when stronger riders on the
steeper hills would, in words I once read in a bike book "picked off the
slower automobiles."

On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 12:22 PM, Deacon Patrick <lamontg...@mac.com> wrote:

> On narrow mountain roads we take the lane, riding in the right tire track.
> Thus, cars no longer run us off the road, but instead pass us after going
> to the oncoming lane. That works great when there is clear sight line and
> no oncoming traffic. Far too often, entitled drivers pass us anywhere, when
> it is either a blind curve or there is clear oncoming traffic. This
> happened 4 times this morning just getting out of our small mountain town
> on y ride with our two eldest lassies. Four times oncoming traffic was
> forced to stop and/or pull over for selfish drivers.
>
> Whenever I see this situation is about to happen, I try to signal the
> driver coming up behind me (I always ride at the end of the bike line) by
> putting my left hand out in the "Caution, slow" signal and if I hear them
> still passing, I wave them back. This has caused a driver to slow down
> exactly once out of countless times.
>
> Any ideas how to help the situation be smoother/better?
>
> With abandon,
> Patrick

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten
*The point which is the pivot of the norm is the motionless center of a
circumference on which all conditions, distinctions, and individualities
revolve. *Chuang Tzu

*Stat crux dum volvitur orbis.* *(The cross stands motionless while the
world revolves.) *Carthusian motto

*It is *we *who change; *He* remains the same.* Eckhart

*Kinei hos eromenon.* (*It moves [all things] as the beloved.) *Aristotle