"For reference, the factory supplied Phil Wood pawl lube is a mix of
something around 9 parts tenacious oil to 1 part phil grease."'

Phil's Tenacious is quite thick even in moderate temps.  No wonder it's
problematic under your temp conditions.  Throw in some grease for
stickiness & voila, sticking pawls.  I've used Phil's Tenacious in freehubs
& have one with over 50,000 miles on it that still works fine.  I never
guessed one could last so long & just wondering how long it will go.

dougP