I did in fact pick up my new joe yesterday. It was raining all day
yesterday, so didn't get a chance to get any photos. But today is
basically gorgeous in SF, so I got to take some photos.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/phlatphrog/sets/72157665354969562/

I managed to snag one of the very last longboy racks before they were
sold out. Riv stashed it somewhere for me, and Mark installed it
before pickup. I requested that it be mounted on the lower mount
point, rather than on the mount point on the seat stay. I was confused
by looking at this photo: https://www.instagram.com/p/9ejXZlLxFD/ It
looked to me like the top of the rack is way too high over the tire.
What I didn't realize is that that is a 650b wheel. That is a size 51
joe app, while mine is a size 55, with 700c wheels. When I was at riv
HQ Mark happened to walk through, and he explained to me that the
lower mount point is actually even lower than most bikes because the 2
mount points near the rear axle are rotated back a bit, compared to
other bikes. In order to actually mount the longboy there, he had to
trip a bit of metal off the mounting tab on the rack. (You can see
that here: https://flic.kr/p/DZbVDj) So at this point, the rack fit is
quite tight, and I may actually need to raise it if I put fatter tires
on.

The other tweaks, so far, are that I swapped the saddle, the brake
levers, and put on some grip rings.

I have a brooks b17 that I might swap to, or I might stick with this
one. Was not too excited about the standard saddle.

The standard brake levers can be mounted, as I received the bike, with
the bolts sticking up, and into your hands if you try to grip in that
area, or if you reverse the levers, with the bolts almost blocking the
gear shift levers. I did try it reversed, and it did work, and they
were not stabbing my hands, but I opted to get some brake levers that
give a little bit more wiggle room.

I'm sort of planning to wrap the bars. The grip rings are not
permanent, but they're easy (well, relatively easy) to put on/remove,
and I can try different positions for the levers for a while before I
do anything "permanent" with bar tape.

The bag tied to the rack is for a ride this afternoon. I don't have
any real bike bags with me. I was planning to maybe purchase a
backabike bag when I picked up the bike, but it turns out riv is sold
out of them, in all colors.

I've never had a bike with a kickstand before. Still having to
remember that I don't have to lean it against things when I want to
leave it for a second.