I'd guess I get rained out maybe 1-2 times a year. I ride year round,
everyday that work doesn't get in the way.  The rain is a bit of a pain at
times but if you adjust it's doable.  Rain jacket, booties, waterproof
gloves and fenders are a must.  Another must is patience and adaptability.
We seldom get big dumps but when they happen you can usually avoid them by
looking at the radar.  Yesterday was a perfect example...big rain in the
morning but I could see a window of a couple hours in the afternoon so I
delayed my ride until then.  If you can't avoid the rain then you ride
through it.  Usually not a big deal but  you do get colder much easier so
if I'm not dressed appropriately then I go for shorter rides.  I find I can
ride in a downpour for about an hour, through the drizzle for 2-3 hours,
long / all day rides are saved for none rainy days.  Some of the hard core
rando dudes will ride all day in the rain but it ain't me.