Wow.  I keep trying to figure out why someone would do this, and the only
thing I can come up with is that it's a "test run," to get a feel for the
market and see how easy it would be to fence such a bike.  If any of you in
the Southern CA area have a similar bike and can't be certain that someone
hasn't been scoping it out, you might want to keep a tight reign on it for
a while.   Keep it in your bedroom or something.

Probably not right to post it in this thread, but someone might want to
save the contact info, in case a theft does occur after this posting has
disappeared, so there's a starting point of a lead.

Hope I'm wrong.  This maxes out my capacity for paranoia and conspiracy
theory for the next full year.