I bought the Philbrock frameset that Chris outed here a few weeks back.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/50s-C-R-Philbrock-lightweight-bicycle-frame-and-forks-original-headbadge-/121917008367?hash=item1c62d1e9ef:g:1VsAAOSwh-1W3ayq

I'm planning on doing a very simple restoration.  That said, I have a
couple quick questions regarding this headset type.

A.  Please help me with terminology.  Are these called headclips?  If the
picture works, the piece I am inquiring about is on the left.
B.  Should it take a standard steerer size, or should I expect to be some
oddball size?  If so, what sizes are common for an English bike?  I'm
mostly interested because I think I need to replace the headtube.  (Threads
are worn and it looks like the threads were welded onto the frame and they
appear to be cracking.)  ?
C.  Does anyone have a lead on a lockring for the top, preferably something
that has a nice patina?  I've got a couple shiny chrome ones I can use
until I find one, but I assume this is a worn out nickel plated headset.
D.  Should the slot on the steerer run all the way to the top.

Thanks,
Matt Beecher
Oswego, IL

PS.  For those that are interested, I am thinking of either going with a SA
IGH build or maybe use an Osgear kit that I have been hoarding for a couple
years.

Thanks Chris!

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-NPIUgc2_blM/VvM8bV5NNqI/AAAAAAAAAlA/iAKNng3u78UPpqpkrABr8tosrQfhMNs1A/s1600/steerer.jpg>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-iANllDOetyQ/VvM5WwK1FdI/AAAAAAAAAk0/cHbmJ_GwD3cA2dsZ1k7ZIIOaFIThTXhdw/s1600/headset%2Bpieces.jpg>