For pannier mounts, I called Wayne at the Touring Store
(touringstore.com) & he had Ortlieb's attachments.  Don't recall what
they're called but they hook over the rack and have a clever little
roll over fitting that wraps around the rack tube.  I fitted these up
to some REI panniers that don't lock properly onto my Nitto rack
(tubing is too big).  Clean, neat fix.

Another adaptation that solves a lot problems is D-rings with small
tubing clamps (any hardware store) and either small bungies or shock
cord.  For instance, I found the 4 Velcro straps on my Acorn bag a bit
awkward, so I fitted the bottom with a couple of D-rings and tie it
down with a bungie.  Quicker & simpler than Acorn's design, easier to
remove and actually puts a bit of tension on the bag so it's more
secure.  With imagination you can make some clean adaptations.  Oh,
and their cheap as well.

dougP