Hugh, I think you're projecting, which is inevitable on this thread.  I own
firearms, but don't "like guns". I do enjoy target shooting, taught my
daughter the responsibility of firearms as my dad taught me (our local
range is the hyperbole of safety and at 12-y-o they recognized her safe
conduct and let shoot at her own stand - of course I was in the stand right
beside her).  It's not something I do with the frequency of cycling
(reblocked a scope two years ago and haven't sighted it in yet).  I'm not
an NRA member, and generally don't like them.  I think my post stands
without hyperbole and the specific example I cited is the most phenomenal
hypocrite on the planet.  He has and continues to make tens of millions
from gun violence.  I honestly get Tarantino - he's a Japanese cartoon for
grownups.
And what he does has no more semblance to reality than the video that
opened this thread.
The hyperbole is your perceived threat from people in cars who may have a
firearm.
If a person in a car wants to kill you on your bike, he doesn't need a
firearm. He can kill you without leaving a mark on his car.  A person in a
car with a firearm is more likely to be a stable person, as statistics
prove.