Michael, that still defines a control freak.  For me, it wouldn't be worth
a retort, maybe just a grin.  Getting into bike conversations is always
part of the fun, and it's fair to expect it to work both ways.  Again, I
would give an ear to the guy and if he didn't have an ear for me, just keep
pedaling.