On Dec 11, 10:06 am, PATRICK MOORE <bertin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Grant: please make the Atlantis replacement with enough tire clearance for
> 60s plus fenders. Horizontals would be nice, but I won't insist.

Horizontal DO's might be good but for tire clearance, at what point
would this bike be a straight-up mountain bike?  I think with that
kind of clearance, the frame would have to compromise 'Q-factor' due
to the wide CS, and would need a long front-center length to avoid
wicked toe-overlap, and that might make the bike less suited for
'sport'-touring, something the current Atlantis can do, due to it's
versatility and non-design-extremes, if you will.

As far as mountain/touring, the Bombadil fulfills that purpose like it
was nuthin', and the 700c versions clear 2.3's easily.   It's really
an awesome bike.