Look for Babyshoe Pass. I can't remember what road it's on but there's a
long stretch of that on both sides of the summit that is gravel and it can
take you towards Packwood.

Are you coming up here this summer? I'm going to be touring at the end of
June for 5 days, possibly in the Malhuer NF but I haven't ruled out staying
closer to home and just looping around in the Mt Hood NF or Gifford.

--mike