For some - unknown to me - reason, using a belt sander to clean up the end
always leaves a nice smooth end to the threads. But using a bench grinder
always leaves a small and extremely sharp edge. So I always use the belt
sander. Using a nut to straighten the tiny sharp edge does let you get the
nut back on, but it still leaves you with that tiny sharp and potentially
nasty sharp edge.

On Sat, May 21, 2016 at 1:27 AM, Kainalu <kaiviers...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thread a nut on to the skewer inside of where you want to cut it, cut it,
> then file the cut to dull the edge. Backing off the nut will right any
> wrongs, leaving you with a nice end.
> -Kai
> Brooklyn NY

Peter White