On 05/21/2016 08:44 PM, Andrew Patteson wrote:
It seems like you have thought through most or all of the potential component issues, so... dropout misalignment, maybe?

A good way to clarify whether it's the wheel or the frame would be to swap a known to be working well wheel and chain from another bike, or even to exchange wheels and chains, and see if the trouble follows the wheel to the other bike, or continues even with a different, known good wheel.

Andrew in SLC