I take it the toothbrush analogy describes the smoothness of the latex
tubes. What about speed, or the sensation of speed? (For me, this is felt
*not* by buzz but by feeling of torque/cadence related to effort.) My Elk
Pass tires just feel easier to pedal than the not-bad-themselves Kojaks.

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 9:36 AM, Ron Mc <bulldog...@gmail.com> wrote:

> quite simply, all butyl tubes feel like an electric toothbrush next to
> latex tubes.  I have used Stans in my latex tubes with a large glass shard
> in a Barlow, and the Stans lasted as long as the remaining tire tread.
>
> On Monday, May 23, 2016 at 10:28:02 AM UTC-5, Patrick Moore wrote:
>>
>> To confirm: you noticed a difference in the Compass tires with latex
>> instead of butyl tubes?
>>
>> Certainly Compass ELs with standard tubes roll wonderfully. That would
>> indeed be an amazing ride, just short, I daresay, of running Compass tires
>> tubeless.
>>
>> I've looked for 559 X skinny and 650C ("See") latex tubes and haven't
>> found any. If anyone knows of sources, please advise.
>>
>> Are latex tubes compatible with Orange Seal or Stan's? The only way I can
>> use top quality tires in my area is with sealant.
>>
>> On Sun, May 22, 2016 at 9:58 PM, René Sterental <orth...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Installed the latex tubes on the 35mm Bon Jon Pass tires on my Homer and
>>> went for a 42 mile ride today to continue building my aerobic base. All I
>>> can say is WOW!!!
>>>
>>> The combination of the Compass tires and the latex tubes made the bike
>>> roll so incredibly smoother. Areas on the route where I would be rattled
>>> around due to irregularities on the pavement were hardly noticed.
>>>
>>> Thanks for the tip! I'm now a fan. Too bad I don't see them for 650b
>>> tires... Are there any made?
>>>
>>> René
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>> --

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten
*The point which is the pivot of the norm is the motionless center of a
circumference on the contours of which all conditions, distinctions, and
individualities revolve. *Chuang Tzu

*Stat crux dum volvitur orbis.* *(The cross stands motionless while the
world revolves.) *Carthusian motto

*It is *we *who change; *He* remains the same.* Eckhart

*Kinei hos eromenon.* (*It moves [all things] as the beloved.) *Aristotle