I kinda get it for the older kids, but Islabikes offers Pro Series down to
the 16" bike designed for 4+-- at nearly $1,200! Most of my friends with
young kids gave me a look when I spent ~$300 on the non-Pro Cnoc. I have no
regrets on that: my 6yo son learned on it and now my 4yo daughter toodles
around the neighborhood with me.

Maybe it's the unracer in me: I think bikes are great for adventure, or
getting to a friends house down the road to play. It doesn't have to be
about racing all the time, right?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/stakx/27103421162/in/datetaken/

shoji