I have brazed-on Paul Racers on a 650b frame and the brakes will not clear a
42mm tire up front without deflating. The pads do not clear the fork when
opening the brakes and that is the limiting factor. Tried Kool Stop mountain
pads instead of thin lines but did not really help.

So I just live with it. Not a huge deal.

You can get Paul Racers with a polished finish. I am sure RBW could order them
for you.

Dan