On 06/06/2016 07:42 PM, Bill Lindsay wrote:
Steve retorted:

"No, a thousand times no, that is absolutely not right. How bloody expensive is a fender eyelet or rack mount fitting? Come on - that stuff isn't expensive at all. But a bicycle meant to take fenders and racks should have fender eyelets and rack mounts. Period. This has nothing to do with being expensive, and everything to do with being fully thought out as opposed to half-assed and not finished. If that is snobbery, then so be it. The Taylor brothers were constructeurs too, and god knows they were as down to earth working class as it comes (and I have a great reverence for Jack Taylor bicycles)."

Stay on topic, Steve. We can't insist on debating if you change the subject. The subject, as indicated in the subject line of this very post, has nothing to do with mounting racks or fenders to bicycle frames. The subject here is about mounting a Wald Basket to a solid front rack. That's it. I assert that zip ties are perfectly OK for mounting a Wald Basket to a Nitto Front Rack. If you are agreeing with me on that point, then great we agree.

And we do indeed agree, subject to my proviso regard UV resistance.