Hi all,

This could be a silly question, but it's the internet so I'll ask anyway.

I'm planning to change the bearings in my Phil Wood "touring" cassette hub.
I can't see instructions for replacing the bearings in that model on their
website. There is a PDF for their FSA hubs, which are different to the
cassette hubs.

There is another PDF explaining servicing the ratchet mechanism, but it
doesn't say anything about bearing replacement:
http://www.philwood.com/philpdfs/cassette_hub_instructions_022015.pdf

My questions:

   1. how do I get the bearings out of the hub shell and freehub?
   2. (the silly one) I would expect the hub to contain two bearings, but
   in that PDF, it looks like there are three: one on the drive side of the
   hub shell (labelled D in the PDF linked above), one in the freehub body
   (labelled M), and one on the left side of the hub shell (not in the
   diagram, but I know it's there because I can see it). Are there really
   three bearings? Should I replace them all?

If anyone wants context, the hub is about 3 years old and seems to be
making noises. I am chasing a squeak that happens once every time the rear
wheel goes round, but only when I'm on the bike with my weight on the
saddle. I checked for loose spokes and they're all fine. The tyre isn't
rubbing, so hub bearing is my next guess!

Thanks for reading,

Tom