Very nice.  Have you sent these pics to Cyclofiend?

________________________________
From: Brian Hanson <stone...@gmail.com>
To: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com
Sent: Thu, December 17, 2009 2:16:57 AM
Subject: [RBW] AHH with VO Porteur bars

I finally finished the porteur bar wrapping/twining/shellac on phase 2 of my
AHH.  I moved the shifters to the down tubes, and haven't looked back.  Also
have some inspired mounts of the basic Planet Bike Blazer LEDs for night
commuting duty.  Opinions:

Bars - love the positions.  My hands naturally fall at the bends and they work
perfectly for my 10 mile normal ride.  When I need to go more upright, I just
move back.  Narrow, so they are much like drop width.  I can really get low by
holding the fronts and resting my forearms on the swept back parts - seems to
be a good tuck.  The reach to the down-tube shifts hasn't been a problem, and I
immediately got used to shifting w/o looking.  Haven't done a long ride yet,
but will update when I do.

2 watt Planet Bike Blazer - Bright enough, but not a whole lot different from
the 1 watt or even the half watt when riding on city streets or semi-lit trails
with ambient light.  When I went up a totally dark trail, it really lit up the
path, so it's plenty bright for my commute.  Great blink mode, but I'm still
underwhelmed overall.  I think I'm one of those guys who wants the super lumens
- I'm used to the bi-xenon car lights...

I didn't think I'd ride this bike in the crappy wet Seattle winter months for
commuting, but it's so comfy, I just have a hard time getting out the winter
bike.  The Jack Brown blues are still going strong - no flats.  I did extract a
nice piece of glass the other day when I was inspecting the tires.  It never
made it through, but it was a bit disconcerting.  Oh well - got my frame pump
finally, so I'm ready...

Brian

http://picasaweb.google.com/stonehog/PorteurSetup122009#

--You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"RBW Owners Bunch" group.