Even if he thought about it 8 years ago, what we consider "long chain stays"
weren't on Riv production bikes until the intro of the Betty/Chev, and
lengthened even more with the clem and Appaloosa. Those are fairly recent
models, no?

Semantics aside, I was suggesting that Grant is not above experimenting and
adapting as long as it contains the Riv ride characteristics - comfortable,
reliable, and durable. He has his core views, rooted in his vast years of
experience, but his bikes haven't stayed stagnant.