On 07/24/2016 04:32 PM, Lungimsam wrote:
Thanks, Steve.

But I think you get disqualified if you break the rules so not obeying traffic
codes is a DSQ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/If_a_tree_falls_in_a_forest

I've done the Flatbread 200K three times. Once I rode the entire ride with someone -- amazing, because I'd gone from 1975 until 2008 riding centuries and never ever not even once in all that time rode with anybody for more than about 0.1 mile -- but aside from him that one time, the only times we saw other riders were at the mass start, when we all rode together more or less for a little while, and at some of the controls. Most of the time I was riding all alone, with nobody else in sight. How would anybody know if I broke a rule? It's not like riders on a brevet are under some kind of constant surveillance.