Hi Everybody:

Because I'm not very good at reading cue sheets or Google-map directions
while riding, you-all now have me considering a navigation device for the
first time ever. So, some questions for the group:

Please name a device (whether it's the Garmin Edge 20 or Cateye Urban or
something similar) that is so simple that a Luddite / technical moron can
use it for route directions.

- Does this device give audible audio instructions such as "turn right in
20 meters," or does it only show "right" or "left" or whatever on its tiny
screen? If the latter, is the word or symbol on the screen easy to see and
to follow?

- Can this device easily upload and use cue-sheets / route directions from
a computer?

- Does this device not require the use of a smartphone?

- Can this device hold a charge for at least eight hours, and preferably
ten?

I'd love to hear of a super-simple-to-use and relatively inexpensive device
that can give me accurate and timely instructions on when to turn. Any
other feature (speed, distance, time, heart rate, map of route traveled for
boasting purposes) is a bonus.

Your advice, please? Specific product names especially appreciated! And if
you've outgrown a device because it's too basic for you, you may have a
buyer in me.

Thanks,
Evan E. in S.F.