Hey guys--looking at a future dream bike, and since I'm dreaming, I might
as well dream.

I want a Rivendell bike that I can use for touring, don't want to pay for a
full custom job, and I want center-pull braze-ons (I am flexible in
real-life, but since this is a dream...indulge me)

Riv can affordably add Centerpull mounts to the AHH, but that's it. Great!
Problem solved. But...Riv says the AHH isn't suitable for "self supported
long tours." Does anyone know why? I want a bike that I could, someday,
ride across the country, or put a baby in a seat on the back, or something
like that. I want to carry 30-40 pounds, not 40-60. I weigh 180.

Has anyone toured with their AHH, or know what its capable of carrying, or
know why Riv has relatively stringent limits on its carrying capacity?

Thanks,
Hunter "wants to be a iRBW Owners' Bunch member but is really only an iBob
member" Ellis