On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 7:22 AM, CycloFiend <cyclofi...@earthlink.net>wrote:

> on 12/25/09 10:31 PM, Wade Vidal at wvwheel...@comcast.net wrote:
>
> > I finally got to start my romulus build today.  With any luck I get to
> test
> > ride it tomorrow.  This is my first build and first rivendell thanks to
> my
> > brother for the frame (and tech support)  and my wife for the components
> for
> > christmas.  http://www.flickr.com/photos/45895...@n02/.  Any input would
> be
> > appreciated.
>
> Looks like you've got it going well.  I wouldn't be afraid to go bigger on
> the tires, though.  You've got good clearance in the frame, and more air
> volume will go a long way towards more comfort on the ride.
>
> Enjoy every bit of the journey!
>
> - J

The Romulus can fit 35mm tires (w/ or w/out knobbies) quite well:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyclotourist/4123007019/

I bet it will turn into a different bike with fat tires!

--
Cheers,
David

"Bicycling is a big part of the future. It has to be. There is something
wrong with a society that drives a car to workout in a gym."  ~Bill Nye,
scientist guy