Whoops again; I take this back. The packing work is added to the cost of
the box, but they don't charge for any padding, tape, and so forth.

I recently had a Macbook shipped FE Ground, total $44, of which $15 was box
and $7-$8 was work, the rest postage. Rather big box for the size of the
machine, so shipping was in the ~$20 range.