Well I am a fan-girl of Brooks (except for the Cambiums).  There is the
Standard which has always worked well for me.  One of my favorites is the
plain old black Standard.  The leather is not as robust as the Select but
it has a softness to it early on that is very comfortable.  I understand
that may not speak to as long a life but it sure feels good now.  I also
have the Special which is a tougher leather option with the large rivets.
I much prefer the looks of the larger rivets and the saddle is comfortable
but much harder than the Standard.

Finally to get to the Select which you asked about,.I just ordered a B-17
Select for my inventory because they were discontinued and I wanted to use
it in the  future..  I have the Select B-67 which I like but is not on a
bike at the moment.  I am planning on putting the B-17 Select on my
forthcoming Cheviot so I have no reviews at this point.  However, it is a
beautiful saddle with thick leather.  So, if the B-17 in general suits you,
I wouldn't hesitate to leap for one.