I also use them on my commuter.  Definitely not Compass/Grand Bois ride
quality, but my only flat was a pinch flat that was not the tire's fault.
I use the tire mainly to avoid flats and avoid delays in my commute.  I
have gotten 2 flats on my Hetres caused by metal wires and glass shard that
may have been prevented on the Xpress, but maybe not...

Toshi in Oakland