Thanks again for this. I'll try 55/65 or so, though because my only high
pressure (ie, > 30 psi) gauge is the doubtful one on the pump, I'll have to
get another one. The other day the pump gauge said 20-25 for the 51 mm F
Freds, but the low pressure gauge showed ~ 15 in front; and indeed it felt
soft to my thumb.

Does anyone have a road Presta valve gauge to sell cheap or to trade?

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 7:11 PM, John Hawrylak <john.hawry...@verizon.net>
wrote:

> Patrick
>
> 15% TDC pressures for a 32mm El Pass for YOUR 200# Total Weight (175+25)
> is 52/64 psig F/R.  So YES 65/70 psig F/R would be HIGH
> 13 psig high in F
>   6 psig high in R.
>
> The rear is reasonable.  The front probably could lose 10 psig.
>
> From the responses in another post on Tire Prressure, 2 or 3 members
> crashed due to collapse tires from UNDERINFLATION.  They were generally
> more than 25% under inflated, i.e., actual pressure was << 75% of 15% TDC
> pressure via Berto.
>
> I feel if you religiously maintain pressures >= 75% of the 15% TDC
> pressure, you will be safe from collapsing tires, yet enjoy the benefits of
> lower pressure,i.e., a good compromise
>
> John Hawrylak
> Woodstown NJ
>
> On Sunday, September 11, 2016 at 6:45:52 PM UTC-4, Patrick Moore wrote:
>
>> Thanks, John. I read Berto's article -- was it published in Bicycling? --
>> years ago, but I've never bothered to be as exact as the method entails. My
>> thumbs and forefingers are pretty well educated by now, and I am thinking
>> that even 65/70 for the Elk Passes is a wee bit high for my taste, unless I
>> carry a heavy rear load. I think 60/65 or what my fingers feel when the
>> pump reads those numbers might be smoother.
>>

>> --

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten
*The point which is the pivot of the norm is the motionless center of a
circumference on the contours of which all conditions, distinctions, and
individualities revolve. *Chuang Tzu

*Stat crux dum volvitur orbis.* *(The cross stands motionless while the
world revolves.) *Carthusian motto

*It is *we *who change; *He* remains the same.* Eckhart

*Kinei hos eromenon.* (*It moves [all things] as the beloved.) *Aristotle