I'm swapping out BBs on my '93 XO-2.  When I thread in the drive side it goes
in no problem.  Then I go to thread in the non drive side cup and it will not
thread in all the way.  It is sticking out about 1 full thread.  I removed the
NDS cup and then the drive side BB.  Then just out of curiosity I installed the
NDS cup independently and it did thread all the way.  So, knowing it's the the
not correct sequence, I the tried threading in the DS BB with the NDS cup
already in and it would not thread all the way.  This is a shimano cartridge
type but that Riv sells, 1.37 X 24 which is the same size but not type as the
one I removed.  I know it's important to have the BB threaded all the way but
read that the cup cab stick out a bit but I'm just not comfortable with that.
FWIw this is a NOS frame so no mangled threads or rust.  Thanks in advance!

Fair winds,

Captain Conway